Thursday, April 10, 2008

Justified by faith alone

I am so excited about this new blog even though it may be only read by me! But, that's ok because it will keep me reminded of the glories of the Lord...

This past year I have studied one of the most important doctrines of the Bible and it has totally blown me away. I have always known that Jesus is the only way to heaven becuase in John 14:6 Jesus says, "I am the way the truth and the life, no one comes to the Father but by Me" So, I knew that there is only one way to God and that is through Christ, but this past year I have studied justification and what it truly means. I never really understood what it meant by trusting in Christ for salvation. I mean I knew to believe, but it's more than just a simple acknowledgement that He exists...

As God's providence would have it, my husband has been preaching through the book of Galatians and this whole book Paul is telling this church about justification by faith alone. So through this book and reading in Romans, I have been so excited about this study. Also, listening to my favorite preachers preach on this subject, (Paul Washer, John Macarthur, John Piper...)

This is the reason the title of my blog is justified by christ alone because I want to share this and encourage people to study what it truly means to trust in Christ alone.

We must be declared righteous to go to Heaven. In order to go to Heaven, we must be declared righteous by God. Well, how in the world could a sinner who has broken all of God's laws be declared righteous? How could God look at me and first say that I am not guilty of any sins and then say I am righteous? Romans is the place to start...we are declared righteous by Christ alone! He not only died for me, but He lived for me! He lived a perfect life on my behalf and trusting in Christ alone means believing that I have no other hope of ever being made right with God, but that God will accept me because of what Christ has done. His merit; His righteousness is how I can be declared righteous...Repentance and faith in Christ! Not trusting in my deeds because Romans tells us by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight. Nothing I could ever do to be made right with God...nothing in my hands do I bring, simply to the cross I cling. Simply to Christ I cling!

No comments: